How to Choose the Right Necklace
Do you ever wonder how long of a necklace you need to buy?
Use this chart to help you.
- 14 inches, 16 inches, 18 inches, 20 inches, 24 inches, 30 inches, 33 inches
- Length: 14 inches. Style: collar. Placement: Tight around the neck. Worn Best With: Open-neck clothing such as scoop necks, V-necks, off-the-shoulder and boatnecks.
- Length: 16 inches. Style: Choker. Placement: Tight against the base of throat. Worn Best With: Almost everything except turtlenecks and high crew necks.
- Length: 18 inches. Style: Princess. Placement: On the collarbone. Worn Best With: Crew neck and high-neck styles and plunging necklines.
- Length 20 to 24 inches. Style: Matinee. Placement: Between the collarbone and the bust. Worn Best With: Everything! Great for both business and casual wear.
- Length: 28 to 36 inches. Style: Opera. Placement: On the bust or an inch or two below. Worn Best With: High necklines and evening wear.
- Length: 36 to 42 inches. Style: Rope. Placement: Wrapped to sit on or just below the center of the bust. Worn Best With: Elegant business and evening wear.
- Turtle Neck
- Sweetheart Neck
- Boat Neck
- Scoop Neck
- Crew Neck
Expert source for jewelry advice