Jewelry can help you tell mom how special she is.
Moms are special people, so you should let them know how much they’re appreciated from time to time. Hopefully you show the moms in your life how much they mean to you more than once a year — back rubs, dinners and relief from dishes or laundry are always nice — but on Mother’s Day, it’s especially important to acknowledge the special place they have in your life. Whether you’re looking for something lovely for your own mom or for the mother of your children, fine jewelry is a thoughtful gift that any mom will cherish for years to come.
You’re in luck when shopping for a jewelry gift for mom because there’s a whole category of jewelry designed especially for moms called Mother’s and Family Jewelry. There are necklaces, bracelets, rings and charms in a variety of styles and designs to choose from. Some popular selections include:
- Heart-themed jewelry, such as a heart charm bracelet, heart pendants or rings featuring hearts or “key to your heart” symbols
- Mom-themed jewelry with the word “mom” designed into the piece
- Family-themed jewelry that celebrates the whole family, including family trees or other symbols
- Lockets that can be engraved and/or enclose pictures of children
- Mother-child jewelry, such as matching mother-daughter necklaces or mother and child symbols for pendants and charms for charm bracelets
- Mother’s Angel-themed jewelry, including charms and pendants
- Monogram jewelry featuring mom’s initials or a child’s initials
- Message jewelry featuring sentiments like “love,” “hope” or “faith”
Open it up
Maybe the mom in your life is more understated and prefers a more modern, less traditional style. In that case, look beyond Mother’s Jewelry to find a beautiful piece that still expresses how special she is. Choose a necklace, bracelet, charm or ring you know she’ll love and have it subtly engraved with a personal message or the names and birth dates of her children. Gemstone jewelry such as rings, stackable rings, necklaces and bracelets featuring children’s birthstones doesn’t scream “mom” to the world, yet she’ll personally be touched by its significance every time she wears the item.
Make it a tradition
Charm bracelets have made a comeback and have always been a “charming” way to commemorate the special times in our lives. A wonderful way to celebrate mom (perhaps more than once a year!) is with a charm bracelet that she can add different charms to over the years, including on Mother’s Day. Pandora® and Charmed Memories® are two great brands with beautiful charms to represent anyone or thing in your life.
Note her style
Knowing she’s more likely to love a themed or non-themed Mother’s Day gift means you’re somewhat in tune with her style. Before purchasing your Mother’s Day gift, take some style cues from the jewelry she already owns, as well as her favorite outfits and colors to ensure you select a gift she’s sure to love.
Giving a gift on Mother’s Day is a beautiful way to acknowledge the important place she has in your life. When you give a gift of fine jewelry, you can be sure it’s a gift that will last and make her smile for many Mother’s Days to come.